Thursday, April 21, 2005

a steady presence


inukshuk
Originally uploaded by seawallrunner.

Somedays when deadlines descend upon me like a tornado, it's good to run away for forty minutes, and run as fast as I can to kick that excess adrenaline out.

I usually take refuge on Vancouver's seawall - the most beautiful waterfront in the world.

Here's the inukshuk that greets me at the 1.5 mile turnaround - the Vancouver Inukshuk, erected in time for Vancouver's World Fair show in 1986.

For me, it's a marker - a distant milestone that I strive to reach, in ever-decreasing time, a happy presence with historic value, a monument that I've seen and touched for fifteen years of my life in Vancouver

It gazes peacefully upon the open ocean, while I retrace my running steps towards home, a smile on my lips.

No comments: